excellent opportunity for a Trainee Commis Chef. Applications are encouraged from recent school leavers regardless of qualifications achieved or any boys of girls under the age of 25
We have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Commis Chef to join the brigade at The Pallant Restaurant & Cafe. You will work 38 hours each week over four and a half days., The starting salary is £12,000 + per annum.
You will assist with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items for this renowned Restaurant & Cafe, whilst adhering to all Health and Food Safety areas as laid out by management in the Health & Safety HACCP and Food Safety Hazard Analysis Documentation.
The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to be funded on a Chef apprenticeships within 3 months at Chichester College
You will also demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceeds the expectations of our customers.
- To control and monitor food stocks and stock movement.
- To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries.
- To ensure that mis en place is completed in your section.
- To follow given recipes and ensure that dishes are prepared in accordance with the specification of the recipe.
- To present dishes in a consistently appealing way as illustrated with photography supplied.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- To comply with all house policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed.
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
If any of the above seems to much don’t worry we can teach you, it’s the right attitude we require..
This role can lead to a position as Chef de Partie for the right candidate. Applications are encouraged from recent school leavers regardless of qualifications achieved or any boys of girls under the age of 25
If you would like to find out further information and arrange to drop in for a chat please email a covering letter or telephone Nick direct on 0771 8765856